‘Together as a human family’, this is how we see the world at Leids Support Desk for Migrants (LSM). With our work we connect people regardless of age, background, or status.
We cannot do it alone and you can support us. Want to become friends?
Will you help?
With your donation we can:
- Continue a walk-in consultation and provide free cultural, legal, and social advice. Think about elderly migrants or victims of war and terror who struggle with a range of issues, such as letters from officials that migrants often cannot fully understand. With your contribution, our important service can remain free and therefore accessible!
- Help young people aged 12-17 find their way within the Dutch school system. The project ‘Bridging Learning’ supports all learners by providing free academic coaching. Our goal is to help learners to a level where they can participate in their regular school teaching and activities without feeling overwhelmed. We also want to increase young peoples’ self-confidence and feeling of belonging.
- Promote academic research in the field of migration. We want to bridge the gap between academia and society. We do this by creating internships and research opportunities for students. With your contribution we can provide a good working space and internship supervision.
How do you become a friend of LSM?
Do you want to support our valuable work? Let’s become friends. This can be done by donating a fixed amount monthly or annually. A one-time gift is of course also welcome! You can transfer your donation to NL87 SNSB 0339 4845 27 t.n.v. LSM Foundation in Leiden stating: Friends of LSM.
As a thank you for your donation you will receive:
- 20% discount on home-delivered meals from the social catering and 20% discount on the meals we provide in the eatery.
- You are welcome to our music and dance evenings and we invite you to our annual appreciation dinner with international dishes (conform to the Covid-19 regulations).
- Our newsletter with updates on our projects and activities.
If you would like to be kept informed of our activities by email and / or receive our newsletter, you can also indicate this in the form.